Physical Education Teacher – Male (Part time)
Immediate position half day per week
Pinnacle American School is currently recruiting for Physical education to join our outstanding team (Temporary contract).
We are committed to providing high quality education to meet the standards required in an American Curriculum School. To meet this commitment, it is necessary to attract, recruit and retain high caliber staff. Our school currently serves KG1 through Grade 5 students from mostly local families whose native language is Arabic. OPENING GRADE 6 THIS YEAR 23/24 GRADE 7 24/25.
The school is located in Madinat Zayed in the Al Dhafra Region of Abu Dhabi. It is the largest city in Al Dhafra, with around 45,000 residents. It is 60 minutes from Mussafah as well as Al Mafraq. The Corniche in Abu Dhabi is less 90 minutes away. It is a quiet, beautiful city that meets all of life needs.
The aims of the Recruitment Policy are:
- The best possible staff recruited on the basis of qualifications, experience, abilities and suitability for the position.
- Preference for teachers will be given towards Native English speakers
- Non-Native English speakers must have proof of TOEFL certification or an IELTS score of 7.0+
- Experience teaching in an American curriculum school is desirable but not essential.
- Compliance with all pertinent employment requirements of the Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) and UAE Ministry of Education (MOE)teacher certification requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Physical Education.
- Teacher license in home country;
- Evidence of a minimum of two years teaching experience.
- Teaching experience at a US Curriculum school is preferred.
- All candidates will be required to submit a relevant and up to date police check and complete safe recruitment reference checks.
As the school grows, opportunities for posts of responsibility or middle leadership may become available for suitable candidates.
Safeguarding Statement: Pinnacle American School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.